Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Music Performances

Music Performances
All students and parents are invited to a concert:

Tuesday, 7:00, March 15th (Mardi Gras) in the Alameda cafeteria. Students need to arrive by 6:50 and meet in their classrooms. The teachers will bring the students to the stage from there.
We will be celebrating Mardi Gras, performing several Mardi Gras songs as well as music by George Gershwin and Duke Ellington and others. I hope to see you all there. Dates and lyrics are also posted on the Alameda parent site.

Also the fourth graders will perform at the FAM on March 4th.

Music: Recorder Unit
After the concert on March 16th I am starting a recorder unit for fourth grade. I will have recorders for sale for $5. These recorders are decent instruments. Students need to bring recorders to class at this time. Students may acquire their own from other sources if they wish. I will make sure they are suitable for class. I have extra recorders for students who forget theirs. I have sanitizer. Please send exact change or a check to   Alameda  . If this is a financial hardship let me know and I will confidentially provide a recorder for that student.

-- Tom Cheek, Music Teacher,   Alameda   tcheek@pps.k12.or.us

No comments:

Post a Comment